We have highly trained volunteers supporting the delivery of our service. They come from all sorts of backgrounds and help with everything we do: fundraising, IT, administration, campaigning, trusteeship, and, of course, giving advice, including as a telephone or digital assessor.
Whatever your skill…
Could you join us?
- Receptionists: Receptionists are the first port of call to an effective and high-quality advice service. We train our receptionists in customer service and administration tasks.
- Admin Roles: There are lots of different admin roles to support the work that is done in our advice centres.
- Gateway Assessors: Gateway Assessors complete diagnostic interviews. This is a short assessment to establish the client’s issue and explore what the next step is for them. Full training is provided.
- Digital Assessors: Providing information and advice via web chat, email or telephone.
- Advisers: Advisers conduct full advice appointments with clients, providing them with in-depth information which may include money management, employment, benefits or consumer. Full training is provided.
- Campaigns & Research: Campaigns are one of the twin aims of Citizens Advice. Campaign for change – give a voice to our clients.
- Trustee: Because every Citizens Advice is a registered charity, each has its own board of trustees. Some trustee roles require specific skills but we welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and experience to our trustee board. Because trustee boards tend to meet in the evenings, you can fit this around a full time job or study.
Click here for more information about roles
Join the team?
If you're interested in being part of our team, complete our online application form.