Email Advice Form

Please read these terms and conditions before completing the email advice form

Citizens Advice Arun & Chichester email advice service

Welcome to the Citizens Advice Arun & Chichester email advice service. If you live in the Arun and Chichester areas, you can use our online form to get help on a wide range of issues. The information that you send will be kept as part of a confidential record of your enquiry and we will use the details to decide how best to help you.

IMPORTANT: We can only provide help to those people who live in our area. If you live somewhere else, you can search online for your local Citizens Advice.

We aim to send you a reply within 3 working days after getting your request. If you have not heard from us by then, please contact us on the following number:

Email advice helpline: 0344 477 1171

Email security

For most people, the security risks of using the internet and email are minimal. It is very unlikely that your email will be stopped or seen by someone else before it reaches us. However, please think carefully about the extra details that you give us. Our service does not have the facility for you to send attachments such as letters or contracts.

If you are concerned about other people having access to your email account at home or at work, you may wish to set up your own personal web-based email account.

What is personal and sensitive data?

Personal data is data which can be used to identify you. This may include your name, date of birth, address, telephone number etc.

Sensitive data is information related to any of the following: racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, health, sexuality or sex life, offences and/or convictions.

Where will you store my data?

We keep all your details confidential and do not pass them on to anyone else without your permission. The rules of the Data Protection Act 1998 mean that we need your agreement to store your personal details.

IMPORTANT: If you use our email advice service, this means that you agree to Citizens Advice storing the information you give us on our records system. Your information may also be stored in a paper file held securely and accessed by the Citizens Advice service.

If you contact us again, let us know that you have contacted us before so that we can look up the details that we have already recorded for you.

Can I withhold my consent?

Yes we will not record your information unless you provide your consent.

We will not share your information with anyone else without your consent, unless required to do so by law.

What is a Data Controller?

A Data Controller is someone who is responsible for your data and who must make sure that your data is processed according to the law. For example they are responsible for making sure that the information held about you is accurate and that it is kept secure.

What does Data Controller in common mean?

For the purpose of the Data Protection Act the members of the Citizens Advice service are Data Controllers in common.

This means that the members of the Citizens Advice service are responsible jointly for your data.

For example if you are receiving help from two different Citizens Advice offices then both Citizens Advice offices may record your personal data and sensitive data. They will both have responsibility for ensuring your data is processed according to the law.

Feedback on our email advice service

We welcome feedback as this helps us to improve our services and gives us the opportunity to put things right. If you are not satisfied with any aspect of our email advice service, please let us know. Citizens Advice Arun & Chichester has a complaints handling procedure. Full details of the complaints procedure are available on request.

Send your complaint to:

Danni Colclough, Service Manager, Citizens Advice Arun & Chichester, 14-16 Anchor Springs, Littlehampton, BN17 6BP

Or make your complaint via Citizens Advice:

By phone: 03000 231 900

By email:

By post: Citizens Advice, 3rd Floor North, 200 Aldersgate Street, London, EC1A 4HD

We treat all complaints seriously and we deal with them promptly and keep them confidential. We do keep a record of complaints; however, these records are completely separate from our advice records.

We want to make sure that we meet the needs of our local community. You can help us do that by providing us with a few extra details. The information will be confidential.